Go Back   London Ontario Adult Forums > Reviews and Discussions of Adult Entertainers > London Paid Companions
Register FAQ Advertiser Reviews Search

London Paid Companions This forum is for discussions of female companions who do not sell sexual services. Any discussions of purchasing sexual services is illegal in Canada

Old 02-21-2014, 10:35 PM
Super Poster

Default Fworld ad brouhaha

I didn't know that Fworld was so public in its advertising.

http://london.ctvnews.ca/offensive-b...oved-1.1698378

I wonder if this story will get them more business?
Old 02-21-2014, 10:42 PM
Super Poster

Default Re: Fworld ad brouhaha

If you watch the opening of the story, you can clearly see Platinum One in the shot. I wonder if LAWC will complain about that too. Makes me wonder why they would move into a space that is directly across from a massage parlour.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:11 AM
I am NOT a Provider

Wow. That is just horrible. It never ceases to surprise me how many people will say things in half truths. She using a generalization of a minority here in canada and applying it to us all in a gross misrepresentation of us. Not to mention- I've seen ad campaigns for clothes, perfume, under wear etc that show more of the human body with innuendos then fworlds ad- which I think was tastefully done
Old 02-22-2014, 12:06 PM
No Contact Available

Oh the irony, a massage parlour as a neighbour is fine with everyone, but a tastefully done sex for sale ad, is offensive?? WTF is wrong with people!! I hope FWorld gets reimbursed, those ads aren't cheap!!
Old 02-22-2014, 12:33 PM
London Sugar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
I hope FWorld gets reimbursed, those ads aren't cheap!!
True, but neither are ads in the LFP and they just got a huge one for FREE! lol

They should just relocate the billboard.
I'd suggest somewhere near Megan Walker's house.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:28 PM
Elevated to Greatness

Aside from the billboard's location, I suggest there is another issue for the industry in London to consider.

I think it could ignite renewed interest by LE and municipal officials in adult activities not just for FW but, for all of London. Seems they're already doing it as these current lfp articles suggest.

http://www.lfpress.com/2014/02/19/lo...an-trafficking

http://www.lfpress.com/2014/01/28/lo...h-sex-offences

http://www.lfpress.com/2014/01/28/ch...an-trafficking

Now, I know there is a big difference between how many of the lovely EC Ladies conduct their professional affairs and a traffiking situation but, all it takes is something like a bold public ad of any kind by anybody to ignite an extensive investigation into the London industry. Let's be honest. Traffiking does and is happening. LE would be well within their mandate to investigate to what extent. As they should be.

I don't want to sound paranoid, just saying things like this billboard, beyond its debatable location, could cause some unwanted situations for all concerned and, we need to realize the possibility.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:44 PM
London Sugar VIP

It's not like this is new for Fworld. They had a contest on their website last year to find their bus stop ad, and they also had a radio ad on FM96
Old 02-23-2014, 08:22 PM
Elevated to Greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
It's not like this is new for Fworld. They had a contest on their website last year to find their bus stop ad, and they also had a radio ad on FM96

True. But any fire starts with only a few or just one, little spark. All I'm suggesting is a number of little incidents can suddenly add up to to something that catches someone's attention. Warranted or not. Justified or not. Let's be pragmatic and recognize bigger and ongoing inquiries may occur with the heightened interest in traffiking.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:39 PM
I am NOT a Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodster View Post
True. But any fire starts with only a few or just one, little spark. All I'm suggesting is a number of little incidents can suddenly add up to to something that catches someone's attention. Warranted or not. Justified or not. Let's be pragmatic and recognize bigger and ongoing inquiries may occur with the heightened interest in traffiking.
Uuummmmmmm........? you are making me nervous
Old 02-23-2014, 09:07 PM
Rookie Member

You can bet your bottom dollar the feds are bringing in the nordic model . They will ram this through parliament fairly quickly . then LE everywhere is going to be on the prowl. Fworld is being quite brazen with this and they will be outed. I am sure most clientele like myself would like it to be not as publicized . With that now they will be under surveillance and data will be collected and used when the time is right. I think they shot themselves in the foot...right before this new law comes out .